PERSONALIZED CASE MANAGEMENT
We know that setting up a trust can be stressful and confusing. You want to make sure your loved ones will be taken care of and that you don’t forget to take care of any steps. We therefore provide personalized case management assistance to help individuals and their families in navigating the process of setting up a trust.
As an added value, we provide these case management services based on the needs of each participant and their families, recognizing that each participant is unique. As a result, Life’sPlan Inc. is constantly expanding the scope of our case management services to be responsive to the variety of needs we’ve encountered with those we have had the opportunity to serve. We understand that no two families are alike, and will approach each case with patience and understanding to make sure they feel supported through the whole process.
We take a personalized approach with each participant and their families. We spend time listening to the concerns and needs of each individual, offering them support, comfort, and the security that their needs are important and will be addressed. We get involved by sorting out issues, exploring the facts of each family and situation and working to resolve concerns and/or acquiring the services that are necessary.
Life’s Plan Inc. offers many facets of support and assistance to participants, including helping with:
- Obtaining property
- Intervening on the participants behalf in handling invoicing and credit card disputes
- Planning vacations
- Assisting with various vendors such as TV companies, phone companies, etc.
- Helping deal with personal family issues
- Following up with phone calls after doctor visits
- Purchasing automobiles
- Providing a listening ear whenever needed
- Supporting a move
For more complex or involved support needs, we are more than happy to either assist you with them directly for an additional hourly fee or connect you with another agency or organization that can help.
More complex support could include the following:
- Advocacy Services – providing ongoing scheduled visits and oversight to ensure you and your family are receiving appropriate service, quality of care and special need provisions. Advocacy and visits to the individual with a disability may be planned to meet the individual’s needs and provide the family with necessary peace of mind. This advocacy might begin when the parents move, become incapacitated or become totally disabled. The frequency of visits could be increased at the death of the first parent and again at the death of the second parent. The designated advocate will make any recommendations to the guardian or other designated individual who retains the decision making responsibility. This service can be utilized to provide a significant amount of support to the family unit, particularly to the sibling who may be taking over guardianship or care monitoring responsibilities.
- Funeral/Burial Services – upon the passing of a participant, we can work with the family to arrange for whatever option best suits them. This could include preparation of remains, church or religious services, flower arrangement, death notices, cemetery arrangements, insurance policies processing, etc.
- Relocation/Moving Services – we can arrange for the packing and moving of furniture and personal items, process the necessary notice of address change with post office and vendors, help disconnect, transfer, and reconnect utilities, and coordinate any other services you may need when moving.
- Bill Payments and Account Reconciliation Services – work with the participant to pay monthly bills, and reconcile monthly bank and/or credit card statements.
- Other Pre-negotiated Services – from time to time there may be additional needs of a participant and/or families that we may be able to support. Depending on the need and our expertise, Life’s Plan Inc.. will negotiate additional individualized services or connect you with someone else who can.
We understand how many bases you have to cover in helping your special needs loved one live the most fulfilling life they can as well as making sure they are taken care of in the future. That’s why Life’s Plan is dedicated to helping you and your family along the way with case management that’s unique to you and your needs. If you want to get started with a special needs trust in Dupage County, contact us today to learn about how we can help.